Here are some tips to help keep your items safe!
1. Use furniture covers, tarps or moving pads to keep items off the floor of the unit (this will help prevent any moisture damage from occurring). We do have pallets for loan to keep your furniture off the floor also.
2. Wrap Furniture legs with protective wrap, furniture cover or pads to prevent scratching. Placing a tarp over your belongings can also help prevent any possible moisture damage.
3. Do not use printed newspaper to pack with. The ink may smudge off on your items.
4. Be sure to store frequently used items at the front of the unit to avoid having to go through all other stored items to find them. Make seasonal clothing accessible, you may have your belonging in storage longer than anticipated.
5. Use valuable space inside drawers and larger appliances, such as stoves and refrigerators, to store small items: towels, linens, toys, etc.
6. Break down large items such as bed frames, large furniture, tables and keep all parts (screws & smaller items) together by taping them to the item.
7. Label all boxes on all sides for easy identification.
8. Clothing that ordinarily hangs in a closet should be packed in a wardrobe box.
9. Do not store anything flammable (such as paint or other chemicals) or perishable.
10. When packing boxes, try to limit the weight to 30lbs. or less per box. Seal boxes with masking, packing tape.
11. Keep as much of your belongings in totes.
Yreka Self Storage recommends disk locks for your safety. Always make sure your locking clasp is pushed before you lock your unit. And always lock your unit. We value your valuables and want you to have a safe, enjoyable experience storing your items with us.
Yreka Self Storage advises all tenants to get their stored property insured. Yreka Self Storage is not responsible for damage to your items. If you already have homeowners, renters, or car insurance, most insurance companies will allow you to add your storage unit belongings to your current insurance plan. Contact them to be certain that they have you covered. We can refer you to an insurance company if needed.